Welcome to my natural hair!

The struggles and successes of my natural hair (journey)!

Thursday 14 April 2011

Undercover Sister

Yes, it's true! My hair and I have been undercover. Sorry to those who have asked me why my posts have come to a halt!

The reason for this is that there hasn't really been much to say. My hair has been in twists as a protective style for just over a month. Here's how it's looking:

(This picture was taken a couple of days ago. So I think we're fairly up-to-date now :))

So just to let you guys know what I've been putting in my hair during my absence (it's nothing special really, but it's been good to me!):
Olive oil around my edges
A glycerine, rosewater and olive oil spritz (stopped my dandruff and kept my scalp happy)
And.. Well, that's about it! 

I'm in the process of gathering ingredients for the summer hair butters that I want to make, as my hair will be let loose in the sunshine! But I can't seem to find any reasonably priced oils/butters in bulk. :( Bad news ey?

But to bad news there's always good news. And the good news in this case is:
We have reached 6 inches in 9 months! Huzzah!

I only realised how much it had grown when one of my twists fell out sometime last week. I did a measurement and was well pleased :D

Well, that's it from me for now. I shall continue my search for my ideal ingredients, and will be using them myself as a testimony. 

Soon come!

No comments:

Post a Comment