Welcome to my natural hair!

The struggles and successes of my natural hair (journey)!

Monday 15 August 2011

Braid-out & food for thought

Just a quick post to follow my previous one.

I thought I'd show you guys exactly how my braid-out turned out. My braids were in for about a week and the moisturiser used (for scalp and hair) was the one I threw together kinda spontaneously (mentioned in the previous post). 
So here are some quick pics:

 

Some people didn't actually like it (not that I asked them or anything :S) which is fine. They don't HAVE to. But I thought I'd just mention to you guys that you should be happy to embrace what it is you feel comfortable with. Try out new styles, be creative, experiment. Not everything suits everyone, but when you find what YOU like then be happy to embrace yourself! You can't please everybody, and you certainly shouldn't live to seek man or woman's approval. Live to a higher standard, the one created by the Creator. Let your real potential protrude. Beauty does not lie in duplication, nor worldly expectation, so be thankful for your differentiation. Secure your happiness in the Master Craftsman who was so particular in sculpting the treasure that is you. After all, you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
Be happy in being YOU!

P.S. after this I shampooed my hair, moisturised it with the same concoction that I used last time, but braided it thinner than before. Doing this stretched my hair out better:
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment