Welcome to my natural hair!

The struggles and successes of my natural hair (journey)!

Wednesday 3 August 2011

1 Year Anniversary since the BC!

Hi everyone! So sorry it's been a while.. AGAIN..
Hopefully you'll all forgive me in exchange for some pictures to show you how my hair is doing.
I took these today:



We're at 7 inches now! Huzzah!

Product-wise, my hair seems to really be taking to shea butter. I used to really dislike it because of the smell and texture.. But with experimentation, those things have worked in my favour! I just mix and match my oils with it at home (melt it, mix it, whip it! If you want to make your own products at home, it's much easier to use an electric hand mixer with these kind of things.. Unless you're on this lady's level!: http://nadiasnotes.com/)

In terms of levels, I usually use about 45% shea butter, 25% olive oil and 15% glycerine and 15% castor oil. Even though I whip it, it eventually does get denser than it was when I finish whipping. I've realised that my hair (dense, 4a/4b) needs this kind of consistence because of how dense it actually is. I can imagine my strands wrestling like piranha when I moisturise it, because there never seems to be enough to go around. It's extremely thick. Since childhood, every hairdresser has found it a challenge, lol. For the hair moisturiser/conditioner than I'm using now, I just whip my shea butter with mango butter, olive oil, glycerine and some of Nadia's leave-in conditioner. It's the last concoction I put in my hair, so I'm really excited to see how this braid-out is going to turn out. I have no doubts in my mind!

I may plait my hair up like this more often. I quite like the way it looks, and the hold gives me a better sense of security, and lasts longer (for me) than twists. I can't stand how cautious I get of my twists unravelling when I step out the house!

Feel free to leave me any messages via facebook (Rachel The-Poet Oduro) or even leave a comment on my blog if you'd like any advice from me.

'Til next time!x


1 comment:

  1. Congratulation!!!! and thanks for the shout out

    ReplyDelete