Welcome to my natural hair!

The struggles and successes of my natural hair (journey)!

Thursday 26 May 2011

Product Review

So to follow my previous blog (I can't believe I've done 3 blogs over 3 consecutive days. I've done well, right?!) I'm just going to update you on how well (or not so well) the products I've used over the last 24 hours have worked with my hair.

Head And Shoulders Itchy Scalp Shampoo - I must say, after adding the shampoo to my wet hair, it absolutely lathered up my afro. It worked its way all over and around my hair with little application. My scalp isn't really itchy at all, which is a good sign! Although it did feel like my hair was quite significantly stripped of its natural moisture. The Timotei Avocado and Macademia Oil Shampoo I normally use doesn't leave me with that result. The olive oil I used afterwards (with the conditioner and this morning) was a wise decision, I think.

Sainsbury's Honey Extract Conditioner - Ok, this conditioner, being mixed with my olive oil, worked like a CHARM. The smell, the texture, the moisture.. It was lovely!! I used it as a leave-in, and after undoing my messy plaits this morning, my hair was left feeling so soft and smelling so sweet! Timotei tends to leave my hair in a softer (and slightly curlier) texture after it has been washed out. But as a leave-in? It doesn't achieve the same results as this honey conditioner has.

After I'd undone my plaits, I did some fat twists in my hair section by section. I added my Mango, Aloe Vera and Mango whipped hair cream on each section before I twisted it up, which left my hair feeling even softer. It blended nicely and aided my hair in adding moisture, and my olive oil in retaining it (you can find a picture of this moisturiser in the blog before this one - I'm working on preparing it for distribution).

So I've now twisted up my hair in preparation for the style that I'm going to try to put together this Saturday. Here's my current hair state:
My hair was so manageable today!!!
The products really complimented my twists by adding hold as well as moisture and shine! Let's hope the same success will also be reflected in the definition when I take them out.

I'll be back soon with results!

No comments:

Post a Comment